Well here I am again IBFs and still sewing. I’ve even had an overlocker as a pre birthday present- super dooper new one. Seems extravagant but YOLO so going to use it when I can. On the health front, The Marsden disagree with my local hospital on the scan results. I can’t take much from that as its not just the current scan that counts but each appointment brings a fresh anxiety and I have to learn to get on with it and do what I can to enjoy whatever life I have. So having bought some lovely Stenzo jersey fabric from the Sewcial Studio online I decided it should be made into a McCalls 7432 with a slightly modified neckline and pockets. I had earmarked the fabric for a top so didn’t have quite enough to do full length sleeves in one piece so I cut cuffs and added them on to the sleeves I could make. I added a neckband, inserting it with the lt shoulder open rather than as a circle and dividing it into quarters etc. I prefer it as you can just chop any excess off and you get the join at the left side of the neck rather than at the centre back (or centre front if you get it wrong…..) as you finish the left shoulder and neck together. I’m not sure the pockets really work as they hit the hips at the flare of the skirt but I wanted them so in they went and I used form band at the seams where they are joined (under stitching the seams to keep them inside) as well as on the shoulder seams. I inserted the sleeves on the flat and completed the side seams, pocket bag seams and arm seams in one continuous sew.
Well I did some other sewing as well: Love Sewing magazine had a threadcount 1902 pattern not too long ago so I gave that a bash. I’ve got a few t shirt patterns and have been fixated on the Coco recently (TATB) after hating it initially when I tried it a while ago. Although Im not the best sewist around I think I have improved a bit over the few years I’ve been sewing and found the coco neckline less of an obstacle recently. Time to try another pattern I thought so gave this one an outing…..well its massive. I went by the finished garment size and found that I needed to reduce the armscye, shoulder length, side seams ……ooooh annoying. I used Stuart Hilliard jersey bought from my new favourites….Ist for Fabrics who always package the fabric beautifully and send a lovely message with thread and just general loveliness. I don’t know why it took me so long to find them.
You can’t see the pictures well you complain —ah sorry, rubbish photographer. I also made two Jalie 3137 polo shirts. – one for a 5 year old and one for the hubby. These went down better than expected and the bigger boy wears his a lot. His was made from Girl Charlee fabric (online purchase) and little uns was made from free gift jersey from 1st for Fabrics also from online order. I won’t post a picture of the little chap but his had a pocket on the front and it was an easier sew than I expected but not without some difficulties. I found YouTube videos that were helpful and haven’t linked them but they are easily found.
So I think thats your lot lovely IBFs. Another blog is done, not sure how many more there will be but just for now ….Keep Sewing.